UNM-CAMP students will participate in a comprehensive curriculum designed to meet their academic, financial, and social needs to complete their first year of college. CAMP participants will be enrolled in university courses and receive*:
- Specialized tutoring, study skill instruction and academic instruction workshops
- Peer mentoring from current UNM students
- Personalized academic advising and guidance with career exploration and financial aid
- Workshops related to life-skills (Example of topics: how to create and maintain a budget, personal wellness, community service, etc.)
- Exposure to cultural events, educational self-development programs, career fairs, and referral to health services usually not available to migrant youth, all within the university and the immediate community.
*Additional support services will be offered as needed to ensure participants' success in the program