How to apply to UNM CAMP
The UNM CAMP Scholarship Program application is online. Below are some steps to guide you through the application process. There are 2 parts to applying; an online application and providing supporting documents. CAMP must receive all portions of your application including supporting documents, before your application can be reviewed. Students are selected on a first come first serve basis.
When to apply?
You can apply now, CAMP has a long application period, we will be accepting applications between March 1, 2018 and August 17, 2018. We encourage students to submit the online portion as soon as possible and to submit documents as they are completed.
Are you eligible to participate?
- You must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Permanent Resident.
- You must be a first-time freshman and attend UNM full time for the 2018-2019 school year.
- You must demonstrate financial need.
- One of the following three statements must apply to you.
- Have you, or at least one immediate family member, spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker?
- Or - Are you eligible to participate, or have participated, in the Migrant Education Program (K-12) while in school.
- Or - Are you eligible to participate, or have participated, in a National Farmworker Job Program or Department of Labor Employment Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Part-4 can be tricky if you have question on whether you performed qualifying agricultural work please visit our Eligibility Page for more information, if you still have questions please contact the CAMP Recruiter.
LET’S GET STARTED
Fill out the online application.No more messy forms, or losing pages the application is all online in a simple easy to follow format.
Submit your supporting documents.Your application will not be complete until all the supporting documents are submitted to UNM CAMP. There are three ways to submit documents for the application. Documents are kept at a secure location. All documents received are used for the sole purpose of determining your eligibility to the CAMP Scholarship Program. CAMP will not share or distribute any of your documents.
All files can be safely uploaded online directly to CAMP.
You can easily email all your documents simply send the files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Files can also be faxed simply send them to (505) 277-2182.
Important, please include a cover page, addressed to UNM CAMP with the number of pages you are sending.
Once your fax is sent come and fill this form HERE.
Student Identification Documents
Please submit one or more of the following documents that prove your identity you may submit any of the following. (please do not submit the original copies)
Birth certificate with a state issued ID
State issued ID or license compliant with the Real ID Act of 2006.
U.S Permanent Resident Card
Submit at least one or more of the following documents that establishes at least 75 days of agricultural work, performed by you or an immediate family member.
Employer Verification Form
Migrant Education Program, Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Documentation that establishes that you have participated in the National Farmworker Job Program
Submit three (3) letters of recommendation and or CAMP Recommendation Forms.