Mission, Vision & Goals
To provide personal, professional, and academic enrichment for its scholars, staff, and community at large. UNM CAMP will provide scholars with the tools to help them successfully complete their first year at the university by means of academic, social and financial support. We will guide CAMP scholars to develop practical skills necessary to attain an undergraduate degree and beyond. In collaboration with university departments, UNM CAMP will ensure participants have every opportunity to transition into programs that will continue to support them after their first year.
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) will foster the dream of attaining a post-secondary education for students from a rural farm working background.
- Identify and recruit eligible students across New Mexico and beyond. Provide information to agricultural working families to understand the process of gaining admission to the University of New Mexico.
- Provide guidance for CAMP scholars to complete their first academic year successfully and attain an undergraduate degree.
- Provide CAMP scholars with access to various resources within the university to support their personal and professional development.
- Educate CAMP Scholars on their desired career paths and provide direction and a firm foundation for the pursuit of graduate and/or professional degrees.
- Expose CAMP scholars to opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) on campus and around the UNM community.